livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The limits of intelligence (was: generating hope)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The limits of intelligence (was: generating hope)
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:46:04 -0600

Well said. Unfortunately it's our overeducated, overpoliticized agriculture
experts who've led us down the road to ruin with disastrous solutions. And
as Barb would say, be careful what you wish for - you might get it. They
wished for money, for high production at the lowest labor cost, for
megafarms to need giant tractors and tons of fossil fuel, for hybrid seed
to line the pockets of seed cartels. They got it.

The task before us is to save our soil and water and our health, one farm,
one garden at a time. We don't begin by attacking the system but by
evolving ourselves. Fukuoka said the object of growing is not in the plants
but the perfection of the grower.