livingontheland - [Livingontheland] milk was Re: e-coli and starlings

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] milk was Re: e-coli and starlings
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:05:49 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for sharing, though you must know that messing with people's ideas about food is toying with their 'religion', hence difficulty remaining un-heated -- women are emotional creatures, I know, I am one.  My hubby and I laugh about the difficulty we women have 'discussing' things while the guys can have a knock down drag out fight over something and remain unemotionally involved and still be friends.  Most of the alternative health practitioners have bought the -all milk is bad- lie and do NOT qualify what they say about milk, but some of them if you question them will concede that raw goat milk is good for humans.  I had a very disturbing conversation with one such alternative doctor's nurse who informed me that across the board "95 % of the population is allergic to milk."  What a crock, allergic to the stuff the bigwhigs claim is milk sure, but raw milk, no way.

I was one of those non-milk drinkers (due to a history of anti-biotics, undiagnosed wheat/corn/commercial dairy allergies,and  chronic ear and sinus infections)) who was converted to raw milk via Jorden Ruben's Patient Heal Thyself teaching me about kefir, that led to me making my own kefir from purchased goat milk, to being given my first two milkers by a friend who wanted to bless me.  Now I don't ever want to be without milk goats and drink raw goat milk daily and raw cow cream daily.
One of the verses I meditated on as I prayed for the Lord to transform my thinking about milk products was:

Isa 7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
"
One of my naturepath friends told me that this verse is talking about balanced brain food and blood sugar levels without which none of us can remain rational thinking beings,. You ought to be able to find some testimonials of women who have used butter oil during pregnancy to the effect that butter oil directly makes smarter babies.   There isn't any substitute for what the Creator designed for our food to be,  deny it and you just cut yourself off from health.

I didn't know about raw milk when I was still child-bearing, but my children are definitely calmer since we started using raw goat milk, it's peace promoting to drink raw milk.

So if you get a chance, I'd warn those moms that denying their babies milk fat is deliberately cutting into their intellectual potential and ability to practice self-control.   And, I still like my children, ages 18, almost 14, and 9, they're my favorite people to be around.

Carrie
prior breastfeeding mommy also