livingontheland - [Livingontheland] hoop house on wheels

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <bob@4agoodauction.com>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] hoop house on wheels
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:01:18 -0500

http://www.akasha.net/akasha/farm/chickentractor/main.htm I built two of these for my DW. She likes the hens and keeps around 50 of them year round in these coops. The bottom is chicken wire over cattle panel so you can walk on it. The droppings drop all the way to the ground so everything stays clean. Just throw more straw in during the winter and block the North wind and all are comfortable. I held the panels together with hog nose rings then welded 1/2 inch welds. This stabilized and made hanging waterer and feeder from the roof possible.
The grey electrical PVC is UV protected if you want cheap or should I say less expensive green house. I like the cattle panels.
bob c

  • [Livingontheland] hoop house on wheels, bob, 08/31/2007