livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] prices for key foods rising sharply

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] prices for key foods rising sharply
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:48:55 -0600

FYI we've been seeing dire economic reports from foreign news sites 24/7,
but not flooding this list with them. Easy to wander off topic. What we are
focusing on is learning to cope with whatever comes in the way of land
stewardship, hard times, and putting food on the table. My own approach
isn't about "weathering the storm" but adapting to permanent decline in
corporate groceries, health care, and work. Growing our own means less
vulnerable to food inflation and less need for ripoff medicine. Growing for
market means more buying local, less fossil fuel burning, and more income
independence from the system. Count me in.