livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] USDA Cracking Down on “Organic ” Factory-Farms ???

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] USDA Cracking Down on “Organic ” Factory-Farms ???
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:04:37 -0600

Now questions.

How long as USDA pretended to not know about Aurora's factory dairies? We
knew months ago at least. Cornucopia told them at least two years ago. Why
are they letting 15 other of these giant dairies slide? And what is
"organic" worth when any corporation with big bucks can get by with totally
flouting organic standards? How much do we NOT know about a zillion other
"organic" products on the shelf?

It's like they say, so what?
>“With a small amount of research, consumers
>who care about maintaining the integrity of organics can easily find
>organic dairy products they can believe in.”

I can do that myself at the market, without any help from the government,
thank you very much.