livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] How to grow figs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] How to grow figs
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:11:34 -0400

Only one tip I can think of Paul.  DON'T plant it too close to your house.  My dad planted one in the corner of the house and front porch.   Two things . . . they stink . . . think stale cat pee and they are invasive even when planted by a block wall.  We had to dig it out by the roots . . . it was growing under the wall.
Norma