livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Global warming land work

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Global warming land work
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:13:51 -0600

My point of view is simple. I see things getting worse gradually already,
and I advocate becoming as independent as possible and less vulnerable to
economic shocks. To me, food and care of the land it comes from is the most
urgent category.

I say worse gradually because I see an awful lot of news about the U.S.,
from all over the world every day and night, and our domestic news sources
are heavily censored to keep up consumer spending and prop up the house of
cards.

And I keep coming back to the hard fact that millions here *already* need
to be producing more of their own food for financial survival, and the rest
for self protection and health. Millions more need to be growing for sale
to give us all an alternative to the poisonous fare in supermarkets. And
these imperatives are unavoidable no matter what the climate does.