livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Bridging the Gap: Garden to Table

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Bridging the Gap: Garden to Table
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 18:59:50 -0500

Just wanted you to know that, after reading a number of books on food and nutrition, and improving my understanding of what we SHOULD eat, I needed to strengthen the links between growing, cooking and eating.   Based on your recommendation, I acquired The Victory Garden Cookbook and am finding it more helpful than anything else I have read.  I particularly like the arrangement whereby she covers the gardening basics, tells how to tell when the vegetable is ready to use, and then describes simple, basic cooking, followed by more elaborate recipes.  Excellent!  Thanks for the recommendation.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz