livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Plants that attract beneficial insects

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Plants that attract beneficial insects
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:32:35 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

That is a very useful list. Now we just need another list telling
us which beneficial insect will work against which pest.

What is missing from that list are a number of vegetables
like Swiss chard, some types of salads, etc. that, when they
go to seed, develop numerous little flowers which attract
beneficial insects including predatory bugs and hunting
beetles for which I don’t know the names in English.

One of the most beneficial insect, the earwig, isn’t on that list,
obviously because it is not attracted by plants. I place little
earwig houses around the garden to settle it wherever it is
needed.

Dieter Brand
Portugal

Need Mail bonding?