livingontheland - [Livingontheland] FARM AID'S PSA PACKAGE TO PROMOTE FARMERS' MARKETS

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] FARM AID'S PSA PACKAGE TO PROMOTE FARMERS' MARKETS
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:39:28 -0600

http://www.farmersmarketsnm.org/managers.htm
FARM AID'S PSA PACKAGE TO PROMOTE FARMERS' MARKETS

Here is an ad done by Willie Nelson to promote farmers' markets. Feel free
to send this ad to your local radio stations, in order to promote your
local market.

Dear Farmers Markets Leaders:
Farm Aid is circulating today to radio stations the attached materials as
part of our spring campaign to promote farmers markets.

The attached materials include:
1. A Pitch Letter to public service directors about the campaign.
2. Live radio Announcer Scripts that include 60-, 30- and 15-second PSAs.
3. A 60-sec MP3 radio spot with Willie Nelson urging people to support
farmers markets. To download this Sound File right click and use: Save Link
Target as

This package is being circulated to radio station in the top 30 media
markets around the country. Our distribution list does not include the
smaller markets - many of which are in areas that have thriving local
farmers markets and might be inclined to air the PSAs.

To ensure wide participation of radio stations, and those in the smaller
markets, we encourage you to forward this package to the stations in your
area and follow-up with them to ask them to air it. When you call local
stations, include information about your local markets and organization so
that DJs incorporate that information in their live reads.

We would appreciate any feedback about the PSAs, and information about how
stations in your area respond to them.

Thank you for your support to spread these materials to your media
contacts! I hope these are helpful to you and your efforts to strengthen
the farmers markets and family farms in your area!]

Sincerely,
Mark Smith
Email mark@farmaid.org

  • [Livingontheland] FARM AID'S PSA PACKAGE TO PROMOTE FARMERS' MARKETS, TradingPostPaul, 06/15/2007