livingontheland - [Livingontheland] minerals

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <bob@4agoodauction.com>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] minerals
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:57:47 -0500

If you invision a large steel tank like a old used 1,000 gallon propane tank. Mounting that tank on a bed of trailer with more trailer axels on top of the trailer with wheels perpendicular to the tank powered by the rear axel of a truck with a 5 hp motor on the drive shaft geared down. Cut a large hole in one end and elevate that end about 15 degrees. You will have built the major part of a ball mill. Go down to an area that has flint and find a load of fairly large rocks to tumble in the mill and just trow in your gravel of mixed rocks and after a day or so you will have a load of fine mineral powder to spread on your gardens. The large flint rocks grind everything else up unless you have rubies or diamonds- throw your glass bottles in for some sand.
I use green sand and volcanic rock sand and have great results in taste and quality of vegetables. If I could keep my neighbors goats out of the garden I would have a larger production. Thoughts for your consideration--Bob C