livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] farm incubators

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Dianne Palmer-Quay" <dpalmerquay@gmail.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] farm incubators
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:07:35 -0400

The Intervale in Burlington, VT is a good example of a farm incubator model.  Raft Swamp Farms in NC is a new project along similar lines in NC.  The NC/SC sustainable ag non-profiit (CFSA  - see www.carolinafarmstewards.org) has received a grant to develop farm incubators in our two states.  We are currently pulling together key people is strategic geographic regions.  CFSA has a pretty good track record of accomplishing program goals and I expect we will see several more incubators on the ground in NC and SC over the next few years.

Dianne in SC

  • Re: [Livingontheland] farm incubators, Dianne Palmer-Quay, 06/07/2007