livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right..."

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right..."
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 19:37:10 -0700 (PDT)

Laurie,

I am convinced there is little, percentage wise, 100% organic food in the world. The reason is drift.  Not just from the farm next door but five miles away.  Two different years I had tomatoe plants die and the plant pathologists at the experiment station thought it was from cotton sprays. I live in the center of Lubbock.  The law states that there can be no spraying when the wind is 10 mph or more.  You would need a bazooka to enforce it.

Ken Hargesheimer

The fish are biting.