livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Paul and greenhouse venting

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Elizabeth B." <spacecitydx@webtv.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Paul and greenhouse venting
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:14:43 GMT

This might work for you Paul and it would save your knee with all that wear and tear from the ladder. Not to mention a potential accident with the ladder and those boxes!

Use an eye-screw (the circle with a screw on it). Anyway, screw this into your above ventilation and use a pointer stick with a hook on it to open and close your roof vents.

Elizabeth

Paul wrote..............
I framed the walls 6 ft high, and the roof has a low pitch so I can reach the peak with a ladder working by myself. The difficulty is, I made framed beds last fall and how have to do the greenhouse around them, including the ladder bit. The fun part is, I
twisted my knee weeks ago and try to manage all this with a knee brace and
pacing myself.