livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Eating Fossil Fuels Oil, as it Impacts Food supply, by

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Eating Fossil Fuels Oil, as it Impacts Food supply, by
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 05:19:21 -0500 (CDT)

Due to the distribution process of entropy (to scatter things randomly), I'd
say that the majority does go into the oceans (which constitutes the greatest
surface area), and that most of it will sink before it can rematerialize in
any usable location/form.

This game will all reset, however, as we cycle through another glacial period
(don't wait around for this though). When the glacial period wanes against
an oncoming inter-glacial period (of which we're currently in, and which
lasts only around 10-12,000 years) our soil gets re-mineralized and is able
to once again support biomass.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

From: Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net>

Something I keep wondering is where does all that blowing topsoil go? It has
to land somewhere...right? Or is it just that it keeps blowing in the
wind...landing...then blowing around some more? I think sometimes I
spend too much time thinking. <g> Even if it goes into the oceans, the
oceans wash up onto the shores depositing much in the
process.....particularly in storms.....though the opposite is also true.
No wonder our air is so dirty! Gloria