livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Agronomist warns farmers of fighting MotherNature

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "linda" <lindai81@comcast.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Agronomist warns farmers of fighting MotherNature
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 08:45:46 -0700

I stopped buying any of my food products, albeit very little, from any place outside of the U.S. Oversight for organic most likely isn't what we would approve of. We don't even have enough people here to do oversight, let alone overseas. As we have seen what they allow we wouldn't here.

Wal-Mart was caught a number of months ago selling food that was labeled organic which wasn't. They blamed it on stocking errors and promised to fix it with educating their employees. When another check was done it was found that the same mis-labeling of organic foods was continuing. Wal-Mart has never made good decisions in my opinion. Money making has been the only guideline to their decision making process.
linda
linda's organic gardens: http://photos.yahoo.com/womyn47