livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Joel Salatin - 'Sound Science' Is Killing Us

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Martin Naylor <martinwnaylor@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Joel Salatin - 'Sound Science' Is Killing Us
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:42:29 +1100 (EST)

So why don't you look deep inside yourself and ask is what i am doing ethical morall and sustainable, thats it, don't consider god culture or type of goverment look at yourself as you actually are and see the truth

What we are doing as human beings is totally evil 30 thousand people dying from starvation every day is the proof
Martin

Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net> wrote:
There is a problem in distinguishing which scientist, or scientists, are the ones to listen to, though.  For instance, now that everyone is supposedly convinced that global warming is leading to the end of our planet every scientist who steps to the microphone and says nay to that idea is supposedly in the pocket of Monsanto, Cargill, Exxon/Mobil, etc., or the government who is saying no to the idea.  Small things get lost in the translation that might lead us to a better conclusion.  I am not trying to get into an argument here on global warming.  I am using this as an example.

You take someone folks will listen to....put supposedly good science at his arm...let him make a movie, or go on a lecture tour....and the deed is done.  Nearly everyone believes it....whether it is true or not.  So....when anyone steps up and says it ain't so.....who is going to believe them after the spin job done on it?  Even very educated people will stand for the idea because this is "the" man to show us the way to our salvation....if there is one.

It is just like the actuality that scientists can recreate seawater....but if they put a fish into it, it will die.

We know we largely cannot trust governments to lead us on the right path.  They only go the way that their pockets are lined.....normally.  So....Mitch.....how do we tell the difference?

The kicker to the above is that most of the planets in our solar system, and their moons, are undergoing global warming....and they have no people  on them.  We get all excited when the ice on them is melting because it might sustain life now.  No one seems to be putting it together with the whole picture.

So....who is right?

The only way to know is to do the experiments yourself when you can.  Then you have a better idea who is right.  Problem is that in so many of these we cannot do them ourselves.

My neighbor tells me that when I mention all this on Cargill, Monsanto, GMO food being bad for us, chemically grown stuff having no nutrition I put people off because they don't care.  They see themselves getting fatter.....and ill more often.....but they don't care she says.  I tell her food will continue getting scarcer.....that we are already a food import nation again like in the 1950s....but she says so what?  We import most things nowadays.

How do you stand up to that, Mitch?  I would imagine one day with a gun and some fierce dogs when folks try to come and steal what is growing on my property when they have nothing....even when they try to grow it themselves because they don't care that soil with more organic plant matter holds water longer even in the face of drought.

I am very frustrated with many things right now.  The one thing I do know is that when governments try to focus our attention on something it is to make us not notice something more important they don't want us to interfere in....protest against.  It worries me greatly.

Tell me how to figure it out, Mitch.  I already stand on the wrong side of many issues....even ones many here believe quite strongly in.

"They" will tell us they did not hide it at all.....whatever it is.  They don't usually.  They will make sure the story is buried in a newspaper, or a magazine so few folks notice it figuring most of the ones that do won't see any value in the information.

Sorry for the rant.  You touched a nerve.

Gloria, Texas