livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 83, Issue 6

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 83, Issue 6
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:16:35 -0500

> ?And make no mistake: it?s happening. The mainstream is splitting into
> smaller and smaller groups of like-minded people. It?s a little like
> Luther nailing his 95 theses up at Wittenberg. Back then it was the
> printing press that allowed the Protestants to break off and form their own
> communities; now it?s the Internet, splintering us into tribes that want
> to go their own way.?

I once found a website, (nationalanarchism.com, I think) , where the
first FAQ was "Where do I join up?"
The answer; You can't. If you need to ask, you don't get it.

The long lost idea of Liberty that our country stood for was exactly
that. You can't get it by 'joining', fighting, patronizing, or voting
with a 'party'. Liberty is the individual, making a decision on their
own, with their own interests in mind. The key to forming a nation is
that if something is important, enough people will need to have enough
knowledge and common interests that, in the end, their individual
interests form a commons. By being human, living on the land, raising
children, being left alone and leaving others alone, they will hopefully
end up cooperating to accomplish these goals fairly and collectively.
Unfortunately, the 'productivity' numbers always step in to make the
decisions for these people through legislation, bullying, or
exploitation of emotions through propaganda, force, and media, so that
the Civilized (city-based) people with money (not those on the land) are
the ones who accumulate more money and also control the media, the
education, and the Groupthink goals of State over the individual. They
get that power and money from our labors and our purchases. Political
power is secondary to the collective purchasing influence.

If you want Change, keep it in your pocket.
If you want to be left alone, don't ask the government to build your fences.

Dan

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 83, Issue 6, Dan Conine, 03/17/2007