livingontheland - [Livingontheland] nutrition

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norm Cooper" <grapegro@aapt.net.au>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] nutrition
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:20:49 -0700

Hello All,
             Have been following the ongoing problems of soil improvement experienced by a large percentage of readers with interest. As most of the discussion is American, I must say I am in Australia and a soil consultant.
             My experience is that calcium must be to a workable level to enable balance of elements to take place in the soil. These are then carried through the plant in the ORGANIC phosphate form, which is the basic requirement to produce amino acids for increased nutrition levels in plants. My method of testing for increased nutrition is with a refractometer, which measures soluble sugar content in a plant, it monitors the production of amino acids which are relative to nutrition.
             In farming, I have seen better wool, better milk, better meat, better veges, better deer, better fowls, all because of increased nutrition in what they are eating from what we grow. Another stand out fact is that vegetables grown this way are way ahead in taste, which is another natural instinct with one foot in the grave.
            Regards, Norm Cooper

It has removed 4784 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!