livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] growing even more food including herbs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] growing even more food including herbs
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:33:22 -0800 (PST)

Neither of the following statements are true. Look up what lasagna gardeners are doing and look up hydroponics in the dictionary.

200,000,000 acres are no-till in the world and look at the yields and reduced cost.  The old timey farmer's problem is his closed mind.  The facts speak for themselves.

Ken

"rfreez14@netzero.com" <rfreez14@netzero.com> wrote:
Hey Gloria,
I use the "lasagna method" of gardening, and a farmer with whom I am working says that this is bad because "the earth has minerals that the plants need" and says that lasagna gardeners are the equivalent of hydroponics growers.
Therefore, according to this old timey farmer, it's necessary plough, till or at least double dig.  What say you Gloria, and other friends on this list?
Rob Freeman
Plainfield CT