livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] CORN FARMS AS HOTTEST PROPERTY

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] CORN FARMS AS HOTTEST PROPERTY
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:51:29 -0700

All valid points, IMHO. Let me stress that real independence on the farm
means surviving outside the financial machine, not needing loans, vehicles,
insurance, and all the rest of the overpriced nonsense forced on us for
someone else's profit at our expense. We know that farmers a century ago
were well able to feed themselves and supply their communities at a profit,
without all the modern trappings. We know of those today who can do the
same in our world, such as Eliot Coleman in Maine and many others. They may
use different materials and methods, but it's their knowledge and
experience that makes production efficient and profitable.