livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] caught me by surprise

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] caught me by surprise
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:48:40 -0700

Here's Bates:
The Post-Petroleum Survival Guide and Cookbook: Recipes for Changing Times
http://www.amazon.com/Post-Petroleum-Survival-Guide-Cookbook-Changing/dp/086
5715688/ref=pd_sim_b_4/102-3453807-4364926

and from http://www.lapostcarbon.org/
A new book on post carbon life and the transition
By Albert K. Bates
http://www.newsociety.com/bookid/3927

"Over the coming years we will need to move from a global culture addicted
to cheap, abundant petroleum to a culture of compelled conservation,
whether through government directive or market forces. The Post-Petroleum
Survival Guide and Cookbook provides useful practical advice for preparing
your family and community to make the transition.

"This book takes a positive, upbeat, and optimistic view of "the Great
Change," promoting the idea that it can be an opportunity to redeem our
essential interconnectedness with nature and with each other. The many
rifts that have grown up since oil became the world's prime commodity can
be mended: between cities and their food sources; the design of the
suburban built environment and its car-oriented sprawl; runaway greenhouse
warming, clearing of forests and toxification of rivers, oceans, and land."

That Los Angeles Post Carbon site is big. I have to spend some time on it.