livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Raising pigs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@dotnet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Raising pigs
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:29:15 -0600

Cheap and healthy? Central Florida?

A strand of electric wire around a swamp (two strands if you have neighbors to worry about). Let them eat the worms and bugs and grubs and snakes. (Pigs love snakes when they can catch 'em...)
Try to keep the gators out.
Make sure they have shade and water. Check with the local vet about vaccinations for your area, possible mineral needs. Let them have some mash from your still (You DID say C.F., ;-).

Good luck,
Dan

Message: 1