livingontheland - [Livingontheland] New books!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] New books!
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:38:16 -0700

Well, today we saw the latest editions of Jeavons' How to Grow More
Vegetables, and the Rodale Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening. We have older
editions. Jeavons' book is the 7th edition and selling more and more as
time goes on. Now the Rodale book was a surprise, looks nothing like the
previous editions, nothing like an encyclopedia. It has a colorful, trendy
format and is definitely easier to read, and it's updated to deal with some
of the recent developments. It's not even from Rodale Press, and it's
renamed Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Organic Gardening. But as the
forward from Maria Rodale shows, it's still in the family, and getting
better.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

"Population will increase rapidly, more rapidly than in former times, and
'ere long the most valuable of all arts will be the art of deriving a
comfortable subsistence from the smallest area of soil."
-- Abraham Lincoln