livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Not a commercial forum

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Not a commercial forum
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:07:00 -0700

FYI, Michael Melendrez has been removed from this list. Our list
description plainly states: "Living On The Land is not a commercial forum
for profit promotions." Everyone else has honored list guidelines
scrupulously, and with complaints from list members we cannot let him
continue the commercials while never contributing to the discussions. I've
had to reject seven (7) attempted posts to the list today from Melendrez.

This is his reaction (unedited):

Paul,

It's not that you have prevented other companies or professionals
participating, you have not had any other professionals interact with this
email list
other then Steve Diver. I noticed you also ignored my invitation to see
my
site and to invite me out to see yours. I personally know many of the
individuals that have been reading these posts and I intend to share with
them how
you have so conveniently excluded me.

Furthermore, the First Amendment does not protect you from disparagement
laws as they are very clear. It's not a threat by me, it is a word of
caution,
because you cross that line way to often and someone is going to not take
so
lightly.

Michael M.

So as listowner I'm now being threatened with something called "commercial
disparagement". Little ole me, a nobody, hurting his profits?

End of story.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] Not a commercial forum, TradingPostPaul, 12/10/2006