livingontheland - [Livingontheland] SSAWG Conference Scholarships

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] SSAWG Conference Scholarships
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 08:53:58 -0700

Good morning!

We find that attending conferences on organic/sustainable agriculture is
one of the best things we do for our on-going education. Not only are
there lots of interesting sessions, but the networking between growers
is priceless. One of the best in the south, the Southern Sustainable
Agriculture Working Group (SSAWG) will be in Louisville, Kentucky for
the second year January 25-28, 2007. There are short courses on
Thursday, field trips on Friday morning (one to our farm to look at our
high tunnel winter growing) and over 50 sessions from soil building to
insect management, grass husbanded livestock to community food systems,
finances to agri-tourism. Come and join us. Last year we had over 900
attend!

And, if you're in Kentucky, there are still some scholarships available.
Contact Karen Sigler, Kentucky State University, karen.sigler@kysu.edu.

There may be scholarships in other Southern States as well. Contact
your SARE coordinator for your state.
http://www.ssawg.org/conference-.html

However you get here, it's going to be fun - and very educational. Hope
to meet some of you!

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm
http://www.aunaturelfarm.com <http://www.aunaturelfarm.com/>

  • [Livingontheland] SSAWG Conference Scholarships, TradingPostPaul, 11/30/2006