livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] any use for cedar chip bedding?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Wayne" <wa2yne@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] any use for cedar chip bedding?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:12:32 -0600

Would be interesting to see what the local termites think of Cedar chips.
The critters even eat dog feces.
Other than that, might be nice to use em for a pathway here.
I'm open to suggestions here, as ordinary wood chips or sawdust would be eaten by the termites unless sprayed with something to kill the critters.
Eventually I want to get some Osage Orange trees growing here, as they are bug resistant, and, as pointed out along the line, the fruit is supposed to repel bugs. Chips from the wood might work as a mulch for pathways too?

Wayne WA2YNE
www.desert-rat.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harvey Ussery" <huboxwood@earthlink.net>