livingontheland - [Livingontheland] maple leaves with black blotches

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Michael Nevin <mikepnevin@yahoo.ca>
  • To: Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] maple leaves with black blotches
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:18:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi - many of our maple leaves here in Toronto, ON have big black blotches.
A neighbour tells me there is a newspaper article warning against composting leaves with these blotches. Anybody know what the black blotch might be and whether there are issues with using these leaves in composters?
Would I be spreading some fungal plant disease?
Cheerss, Mike in Toronto, ON.

All new Yahoo! Mail

  • [Livingontheland] maple leaves with black blotches, Michael Nevin, 11/12/2006