livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Aldo Leopold

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Aldo Leopold
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:16:24 -0700

"It is inconceivable to me that an ethical relation to land can exist
without love, respect, and admiration for land, and a high regard for its
value. By value, I of course mean something far broader than mere economic
value; I mean value in the philosophical sense... A thing is right when it
tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and beauty of the biotic
community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise."

--Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac
http://www.wilderness.org/AboutUs/Leopold.cfm?TopLevel=About

  • [Livingontheland] Aldo Leopold, TradingPostPaul, 11/06/2006