livingontheland - [Livingontheland] chemical warfare against us - Chemicals in our bodies

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] chemical warfare against us - Chemicals in our bodies
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:20:05 -0700

Ken I missed that Moyers report completely. I'll have to check on it.
Anyone in agriculture should google on organophosphates. In good conscience
I can't recommend any manmade chemicals for gardens and cannot agree to NM
master gardener demands to push them.

Background: Organophosphates and carbamates are the most frequently used
insecticides worldwide. These compounds cause 80% of the reported toxic
exposures to insecticides. Organophosphates produce a clinical syndrome
that can be treated effectively if recognized early. The typically
described clinical syndrome in adults often does not occur in young
children. Organophosphates were first discovered more than 150 years ago;
however, their widespread use began in Germany in the 1920s, when these
compounds were first synthesized as insecticides and chemical warfare
agents.
http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic1660.htm

also
http://www.idph.state.il.us/Bioterrorism/factsheets/organophosphate.htm