livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Animal ID plan angers some farmers

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Claudia & Linda" <dragonhill2@netzero.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Animal ID plan angers some farmers
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:23:25 -0600

The USDA and the big corporations who are pushing to get NAIS thru never
miss an opportunity to try to make those of us who oppose it look like a
bunch of fringe element lunatics. And always they return to disease control
as the reason a National I.D. is needed, never admitting that we've managed
just fine without for 200 years and never admitting that the real reason for
the I.D. is so big corporations can assure foreign markets that the entire
U.S. is in compliance with 48-hour trace-back, thereby opening those markets
to them. In the end, for big corporations, it's always about profit.

Claudia