livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Mulching and Tillage

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Claudia & Linda" <dragonhill2@netzero.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Mulching and Tillage
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:45:27 -0500

LOL. Just got two tiny little tillers--week old piglets. They are so
little we can carry them out to the garden on nice days and put them in a
small ex-pen right now that is set up on a section that has been overgrown
by Bermuda grass. Those little snouts immediately start digging away. I
plan to make a couple of harness for them and teach them to walk with us
while they are small so we can lead them where we want them to till for us
as they grow larger. Too bad they are of a breed that gets too large to
really make a good homestead pig. They are nice little gilts and I'm sure
would eventually raise some fine litters for me.

Claudia