livingontheland - [Livingontheland] flora-stim

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Steve Diver <steved@ipa.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] flora-stim
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 08:45:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Steve,

I just found out that this gentleman is using Flora-stim.  Looks to me that it's a lot less expensive at $12.50/50lb  than what I spent buying iron, copper, and I forget the other one separately.   He hasn't been liming though or soil testing and is tilling and said he's not been able to grow good corn the past few years.

What do you think of this particular mineral mix, it has a warning on it that it can contain too much molybdenum for grazing animals??  Does that mean that if I used this in my garden, the resultant weeds and extra foliage would be toxic to my goats?

thanks for any comments,
Carrie

Steve Diver <steved@ipa.net> wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Carrie

Mary Beth Lind's book "Simply in Season", also published
by the Mennonite Central Committee, is another great title
for the homesteader's bookshelf.

Can you find out what type of trace minerals and soil
activator the squash man got from the Amish neighbors?

Steve Diver
Northwest Arkansas