livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] end of growing season

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Nancy Babbitt <nbabbitt2003@mac.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] end of growing season
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:16:07 -0400

Use metal conduit, not PVC.  PVC reacts with the plastic and the plastic will not last.  I know, from expensive experience.

nancy
On Oct 4, 2006, at 7:33 AM, Ken Hargesheimer wrote:

Dear Landers,

Just a reminder that hoophouses will extend the growing season and cost very little.  Just PVC pipe and plastic.  Or if you are really ambitious, make them tall enough to walk in.  A lady here in Lubbock grows kale and lettuce all winter using them.  No extra heating but we have a lot of sunshine.

Ken Hargesheimer

Do you Yahoo!?