livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] fall garlice planting

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <huboxwood@earthlink.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] fall garlice planting
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 14:13:42 +0000

Funny you
mention walking onions. We have a full bed of them where we came from, with
top bulblets and all, and need to move them. Would you dig up and
transplant the whole thing or just take the bulblets and start them now?
paul

Paul, I'm not the expert here, but as I recall: You could go either way (bulbils up top or full bulbs in the ground), but digging up the established bulbs and re-planting will give you a much faster start on significant size and production at the new location.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." ~Wendell Berry

  • Re: [Livingontheland] fall garlice planting, Harvey Ussery, 09/09/2006