livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Wheat is the new oil: Nutrient Cycling

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Art Corbit" <art_c@cox.net>
  • To: <activism98201@verizon.net>, "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Wheat is the new oil: Nutrient Cycling
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:00:08 -0500

Morning Mark,

I don't know how others use the term but to me re-mineralization is simply
putting the minerals back into the soil so it can grow food that has a lot
more food value on the table. I'm no Doctor but I believe this is one thing
that is causing a lot of different conditions and ailments in this country.
We simply are not getting what we should be from our food to keep our bodies
operating correctly. I also believe this has a lot to do with so many people
in this nation being over weight. They eat way too much trying to satisfy
their bodies natural cravings. In the summer time I have sweated so much my
salt level in my body would get so low it would produce a craving for salt
like you wouldn't believe. That is a very strong craving and will not go
away until you have consumed enough salt to get your level back up where it
should be.

I think we need to do a lot of "re-mineralization" in our food growing soil.
The old saying "You are what you eat" is very true.