livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Maggots as poultry feed

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Greg and April" <gregandapril@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Maggots as poultry feed
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:21:09 -0600

Thanks.

I wonder if the problem lays with how heavy the pelt/skin. With a heavier pelt, it not like they are going to reach out and unfold it, if it's doubled over

The skin is not near as appetizing to the birds, and they get to a point of diminishing returns - more effort expended for less meat in each bite, and they are not interested in skin ( especially if full or moderately full of meat ).

Just a theory.

Greg H.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harvey Ussery" <huboxwood@earthlink.net>