livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Hatching your own

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <huboxwood@earthlink.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Hatching your own
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:48:23 +0000

With all the NAIS BS and avian influenza hysteria, I've decided to
become a closed flock ASAP.

Be careful, as closed flocks can lead to inbreeding problems.....in all
animals.

Barbara

Of course. My intention to become a closed flock has more to do with capability at any time--read, in a time of hysteria or bureaucratic madness--to keep our heads down and continue without any need to bring in outside stock. Absent such emergencies, I can always bring in new blood as needed.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us