livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Letting go of the family farm

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Barbara Fischer" <cen12205@centurytel.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Letting go of the family farm
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 12:44:23 -0500

I still have the "family" farm in central Illinois....owned it since
1869.....still going strong. We are not organic and raise corn and
soybeans. I am about ready to get a new family to live in the house and
have gardens, etc. I have been reconditioning the old house for the last
two years. Wish I could afford to leave it empty and go up there
occasionally and my sons could use it the same way too. But empty houses
attract vandals, etc.

Barbara