livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Demand for Organic Food Outstrips Supply

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Mark Nagel <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Demand for Organic Food Outstrips Supply
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:04:13 -0500 (CDT)

"Anybody who's helping to take toxins out of the biosphere and use less
poisonous chemicals in agriculture is a hero of mine,"

So, by importing MORE we're reducing pollutants? I guess all that CO2 from
transporting these goods thousands of miles doesn't count!

Amazing how good all these professional obfuscators are at hiding the
externalizations.

Lastly, why do we have to jump through all these organic certification hoops?
It's really only a scam to kill small farmers: it's a way that the big boys
can keep ratcheting up the requirements so that they can kill off all the
small competition; then once they're gone the big boys then whine about all
the regulations!

As individuals we've got to cheer less and DO more... It's time to run from
"organic" toward the "local."

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

From: TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net>

Any comments or criticisms on this? Before I jump in ...

Demand for Organic Food Outstrips Supply
By LIBBY QUAID AP Food and Farm Writer
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/nationworld/ats-ap_top14jul06,0,1484613
.story?coll=scn-newsnation-headlines
Published July 6 2006, 8:16 PM EDT