livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Compost tea and growing skinny cattle on marginal grasslands

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Compost tea and growing skinny cattle on marginal grasslands
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:25:51 -0600

Sorry, but if you're claiming dry, fragile ecosystems are transformed into
"lush grass land" by your comost tea machines, then I have a bridge in
Arizona to sell you. Make you a real good deal, too.

Don't try to paint your non-customers as some idiotic opponents of
grassland improvement. That's hitting below the belt and a false dichotomy.
I for one happen to be a fan of the Quivira Coalition: "The mission of the
Quivira Coalition is to foster ecological, economic and social health on
western landscapes through education, innovation, collaboration, and
progressive public and private land stewardship". They're at
http://www.quiviracoalition.org/ . I know a fine fellow who belongs to it
and was cited for his riparian ranchland improvements where I lived in west
central NM Catron County.

And accusing the rest of us of a "Pre hardened mind set" because we don't
see the need for your compost tea machines is a sure sign that you lack
hard evidence to support your business.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all
our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to
foster its renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry