livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Protein

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Soilsecrets@aol.com
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Protein
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:02:49 EDT

Bob,

In the past year Protein Crumblies has converted totally to farm grown proteins and no longer uses any animal products as our contract grown program is keeping up with the demand.  This is a contract grow relationship where the farms involved must be using an organic only protocol.  We currently have over 1000 acres producing gluten proteins for Soil Secrets.

TerraPro (not TurfPro) is a humus based carrier for mycorrhizae vesicles, propagules and spores plus the endospores of helper bacteria.

Glomalin is a product of the mycorrhizal relationship between the plants that can be infected with the genus Glomus of mycorrhizae.  Not all crops or plants can be infected with Glomus species of mycorrhizae despite some Glomus being generalist.  Without the proper species of Glomus infecting the subject plants, no Glomalin will be produced in the soil.

Dr. Melendrez

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Protein, Soilsecrets, 05/23/2006