livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] relocalizing food production & distribution

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk@allspecies.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] relocalizing food production & distribution
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 07:09:52 -0500

The Kansas City Food Circle is a possible model for others in promoting local food for local people. Here is their mission statement and web site. I hope it's helpful.

Marty Kraft

<x-tad-bigger>MISSION STATEMENT:</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-smaller>The Kansas City Food Circle is building a community food system in which farmers, eaters, chefs, and grocers know and trust each other. Our network enables us to share our knowledge and experience while we work together promoting the benefits of locally-grown organic and free-range foods. We cooperate in nourishing each other today while seeking to sustain the ability of future generations to nourish themselves through healthy farming practices.

http://www.kcfoodcircle.org/
=============</x-tad-smaller>