livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Ah, the wonderful weather--

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Terry Wereb <frosted-acres@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Ah, the wonderful weather--
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:48:39 -0700 (PDT)

Some berry plants came last week, and I picked them up
from my mothers place. it is still too wet to plant
there ( she kinda suggested, after saying she didnt
want berries on the property, where I could put them)
OF course, once I iopened the box, overnightm the buds
started to pop. So I grabbed some pots, and went out
to my area that I have been playing in aoutside the
apartment building for the last 3years. the rabbit
feed and bird seed that was mixed into the corn cob
bedding and rabbit manure had sprouted, and was about
3 inches tall. I took my scoop, mixed things up a
bit, and filled pots, setting them back on the ground
and pushing more of my "black gold" around them. The
worms were fantastic!! Long, fat, and extremely
active. The soil was moist and warm, pleasant to feel.
There were no toxic smells coming from it. it is
supposed to rain this evening, so I ponly put a tiny
bit of water on the transplants. when the conditins
get better out at Moms or my brother's place, I will
put them in their permanent beds. I could not see
having the poor bare root plants starve for lack of
food!!!
Am I sounding a bit corny?

Terry W