livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] polypropylene for seed saving?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] polypropylene for seed saving?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 06:05:20 -0700 (PDT)

My worry is that there may be other varieties of corn pollen in the air. I plan to stagger the plantings anyway, so at this point I'm leaning towards just buying the weather proof bags and trying it that way.

Carrie

My understanding is that most varieties of corn produce pollen for a
12-20 day span. Is is possible for you to stagger your plantings of
each variety by two weeks and thus have only one type of pollen blowing
around at a time?

Michelle