livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Gardening with poultry

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: SpaceCityDX@webtv.net (Elizabeth B.)
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Gardening with poultry
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:07:26 -0600

Carrie, I'm curious as to what all you're planting for your chickens.
You mentioned quite a variety of generalized items below. I recently
purchased an additional 3 acres that I want to put my chickens on; this
land is wide open weedy land and has no trees or shrubbery what so ever.

Can you elaborate on the "bulbs, perrenials, shrubs, cane fruit, roses,
short trees, skinny trees, evergreen trees/shrubs, etc..." that you've
planted please?

Elizabeth

Carrie wrote...........
The more shrubbery and plant life, the more there is for the chickens to
entertain themselves with besides your garden. I'm trying always to
think in layers, looking at what's growing at each level in my yards and
trying to plug something in to fill each growing level...bulbs,