livingontheland - [Livingontheland] going local

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] going local
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:09:21 -0600

“Enjoying food products grown, raised, or harvested sustainably and
regionally provides great quality, boosts to our economy, protects our
farmland, enhances our local food systems, and keeps us and our
environment healthy,” the POS pledge states. “Therefore, we pledge to
increasingly choose independent, locally owned eateries when dining out,
to encourage chefs and owners to buy local, and to add more locally
grown food to our own shopping carts.”

http://www.vermontguardian.com/local/092005/PeakOilGoLocal.shtml

paul, tradingpost@gilanet.com
http://medicinehill.net

The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all
our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to
foster its renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry

  • [Livingontheland] going local, Tradingpost, 10/10/2005