livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Today, MARCH 31, is Cesar Chavez's birthday

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Today, MARCH 31, is Cesar Chavez's birthday
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:09:05 -0700

I met Cesar once in San Francisco before his passing, and I'll never
forget. A saint for all laborers.

--paul, webmaster http://globalcircle.net
peace and liberty, sustainability and justice

from another list:

(To change your settings or unsubscribe please go to
http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/globalnetnews-summary)

Today, MARCH 31, is Cesar Chavez's birthday. On and around March 31, 2005,
countless citizens across the country will celebrate the holiday honoring
the life, work, and values of Cesar Chavez by serving in their communities,
making the holiday a day on, not a day off.

Cesar Chavez Day of Service and Learning, a holiday in seven states (AZ,
CA, CO, MI, NM, TX, UT) and dozens of cities and counties throughout the
nation, provides students, teachers, businesses, labor unions, and
community members with the unique opportunity to learn about Cesar and
advance his values and principles by participating in volunteer,
educational and cultural activities in their communities.

The active involvement of people from all walks of life in Chavez Day
reflects the significance of Cesar's legacy and his special place in
American history. Nearly twelve years after his passing, Cesar's
philosophy of service to others continues to thrive. He once said, "We can
choose to use our lives for others to bring about a better world for our
children...in giving of yourself you will discover a whole new life full of
meaning."

Read more about Cesar at
http://www.cesarechavezfoundation.org/Default.aspx?pi=33

  • [Livingontheland] Today, MARCH 31, is Cesar Chavez's birthday, Tradingpost, 03/31/2005