livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Center for Informed Food Choices

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Center for Informed Food Choices
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:15:53 -0700

http://www.informedeating.org/

The Center for Informed Food Choices (CIFC) advocates for a diet based on
whole, unprocessed, local, organically grown plant foods. CIFC believes
that: placing these foods at the center of the plate is crucial for
promoting public health, protecting the environment, and assuring the
humane treatment of animals and food industry workers.

Connecting the personal to the political, CIFC educates the public about
how our industrial food system, along with corporate-influenced government
policies, is the root cause of a host of preventable public health,
environmental, and social justice problems.

CIFC believes that making personal dietary improvements is just one
component of social change. We advocate for social and political reforms
that will support people in making healthy food choices over the long term,
as well as in creating a more just, humane, and sustainable food system.

  • [Livingontheland] Center for Informed Food Choices, Tradingpost, 02/18/2005