livingontheland - [Livingontheland] GMO contamination

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@gilanet.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] GMO contamination
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:57:21 -0700

Does this mean Seminis already sells GMO to some of our VEGETABLE seed
companies?
Will seed sellers state in their catalogs that a certain item is
genetically modified?

Activists destroy biotech crops in California
http://www.agrnews.org/issues/72/biotechnology.html
Woodland, California, May 25— On the evenings of May 23 and May 24
anti-biotechnology direct action activists “harvested” GE crops in
greenhouses at the Seminis Vegetable Seeds Research Center. Crops destroyed
included tomatoes, broccoli, peas, onions, and peppers. According to the
communiqué, “All of the crops we harvested were either labeled
transgenic, were ones that the company is known to be researching, or are
already selling commercially.”

----------------
Biotech Companies Sent Out Contaminated GE Seeds for Seven Years
UCD (University of California Davis) cleared in seed mix-up Researchers
unknowingly sent out altered tomato seeds for seven years. By Mike Lee --
Bee Staff Writer Sac Bee, Wednesday, December 1, 2004
http://www.organicconsumers.org/ge/contaminated-seeds.cfm

Pollen drift a possible organic production problem
http://www2.agriculture.purdue.edu/agcomm/aganswers/story.asp?storyID=3293

Findin' non-GMO seed in the United States
http://www.cropchoice.com/leadstry3539.html?recid=561

Suppliers of Seed for Certified Organic Production
http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/altseed.html

paul tradingpost@gilanet.com
http://largocreekfarms.com
http://medicinehill.net